Southwest Missouri Home School Graduation hosted by Home Schoolers’ Academy
• This event is open to all area home school seniors!
• Date and location TBA
• Cost: $100 (covers cap and gown, cake and punch, programs, and other expenses).
• Registration form and fee must be turned in or postmarked no later than TBA
Download Registration Form
• Checks should be made out to Home Schoolers’ Academy with “graduation” on the memo line.
• Registration forms and checks can be mailed to
Home Schoolers’ Academy
P.O. Box 407
Springfield, Mo. 65801
• You will receive an email confirmation of your registration. If it has been 2 weeks since you turned in or mailed your registration and you have not received an email confirmation contact Stephanie Shepard at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each graduate will have half of an 8ft. rectangular table to set up a “brag” table. These will be located in the gym.
• Families will need to supply 10 digital “through the years” pictures of their graduate on a disc or thumb drive (Please label with students name). Pictures need to be in order from baby picture to senior picture and will be shown as part of a slide show before the ceremony.
• The graduation colors are black and red. Boys will wear a black cap and gown. Girls will wear a red cap and gown. Each graduate will have a red and black tassel with the year pendant.
• For the ceremony the parents will speak a blessing of no more than 3 minutes over their graduate. During this time the graduates name, baby picture and senior picture will be shown on the screen. If you wish to provide a diploma for your graduate you will give it to them at this time.
• Music will be provided.
• A keynote speaker will be provide.
• A cake and punch reception will be held in the gym after the ceremony.
Important dates to remember
• Pictures due! 10 digital pictures, in order from infant to senior, on a disc or thumb drive.
Be sure that your disc or thumb drive is labeled with your graduates first and last name.
• Order or make a diploma, if you are giving one to your graduate.
(freeprintablecertificates.net; hslda.org; allfreeprintable.com; homeschooldiploma.com;
• Send out graduation announcements/invitations (local stores that print pictures, online
options: snapfish.com; vistaprints.com; simplytoimpress.com; balfour.com;
• Must let Stephanie Shepard (email@example.com) know the number of
people you expect to attend the graduation ceremony and reception so that food and
programs can be ordered.
• 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, graduation practice at Jefferson Avenue Baptist Church (corner of
Sunshine and Jefferson in Springfield). At least one parent and the graduate must
attend the rehearsal.
• Parents, at this point, you should have your blessing written and know that it is 3 minutes
or less. (you can wait to read it to your graduate until graduation)
• All Brag Tables must be finished no later than 12:45 PM. The gym will be open at 10:00 AM for table decoration.
• All graduates must be in the designated staging area no later than 1:10 PM.